Who says longganisa is only meant to be cooked with a sweet-tangy glaze?
Who says longganisa is only meant to be cooked with a sweet-tangy glaze? Through this recipe from Quezonarya 2018, find out how to get a good crunch out of longganisa and top it off with a great dip:
Longganisa Croquette Mixture:
6 pcs Lucban longganisa, cooked
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp McCormick Prepared Mustard
1 tsp McCormick Iodized Salt
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp McCormick Smoked Paprika
½ tsp spring onion, chopped
1 pc egg
¼ cup San Remo CousCous, cooked
60g all-purpose flour
1 pc egg
500ml Crisco Canola Oil
Chipotle Mayo Sauce:
4 tbsp Clara Olé Bechamel White Sauce
4 tbsp mayonnaise
4 tsp Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
8 tsp honey
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Longganisa Croquette mixture and blend well.
2. Form into golf ball sizes and cover with a plastic film or cling wrap. Rest in freezer for 4 hours.
3. Roll the balls in flour, dip in egg and dredge in breadcrumbs.
4. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat or until golden brown and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, mix all the Chipotle Mayo sauce and serve on the side of the Longganisa Croquettes.
Hack/Tip- When breading an item, always remember the Standard Breading Procedure (SBP)- Dust with flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
SYSU International, Inc.
145 Panay Ave. Quezon City 1008